Poker is a very popular card game. Most of the casinos have special poker tables. Nowadays, everybody is playing online poker. There are different variants in a poker game. Texas Hold’em and Omaha are the most popular ones along with Caribbean Stud Poker.
Caribbean Stud Poker
It is a casino table game. It is commonly known as Casino Stud Poker. Most people confuse it with a normal poker game, but it is completely different than that. However, the rules are the same as Five-Card Stud Poker.
In Normal poker games, players compete against each other to win. But in this game, the players compete against the house. You have to compete with the dealer along with other players. It is a five-card game.
Origin of the Game
In the early days, poker was quite a trend. In order to gain more popularity, casinos started inventing new games. One such invention was a card game against the house.
David Sklansky named played claimed to be the inventor of the game. The early name was Casino Poker. The rules were different back then. There was no jackpot, as well. A few years later a poker player came to David.
Together, they bought the game to Excelsior Casino. The game got a patent as well. After changing a few rules, we finally got the current version of the game.
How to Play?
Many new players find it very difficult to get used to this game. However, the rules are simple. You just have to understand the terms, rules and steps. Once you are done, practice it for free to play it like a pro.
- Step 1: Ante Up. Ante means bet. To start the game, you need to place the bet first. It should be on the correct spot of the table. The dealer will inform you about the initial bet. You will get instructions about the stake as well.
- Step 2: Adding Jackpot Bet. If you want jackpot, you need to place an additional bet. The individual players have to place a small bet to win the jackpot. You have to place the bets on the table before the time is up. The dealer will declare no more bets. It means you cannot place the bet now.
- Step 3: Get Five Cards. Now, the dealer will deal five cards to each individual on the table. You will get these cards in hand. You cannot draw the card yourself or change the existing cards.
- Step 4: First Card. All the dealer’s cards will be face down. After everyone gets the card, including the dealer, the interesting part will begin. The dealer will flip his first card open. You cannot talk to anyone at the table once the card is revealed.
- Step 5: Check Your Cards. Now, you can check the cards which are in your hand.
- Step 6: Play or Fold. Now, you will have two choices; you can either increase the bet or fold your card or leave the game. The dealer will indicate you when it’s your turn to play.
- Step 7: Reveal Other Cards. After you play, the dealer will show all his cards by turning them.
- Step 8: Use Your Hand Cards to Make a Move. Now, you need to examine your cards again. Compare them with the dealer’s card. If you have greater cards, you will win. If you don’t, you will lose.